Tuesday, January 10, 2017
I have a nice (and growing) little bucket list for 2017
1. Go on a "I'm turning 50 this year" let it all hang out beach trip with my girlfriends from high school (happening in Sept) because I have never gone on a trip like this. This is in addition to the family beach trip I will take with my husband, grown kids, their husbands and my grandson. Two different kind of trips people...different trips!
2. Use the She Reads Truth app to read through the Bible in 1 year. Sadly I have never done this. I've already started!
3. Lose some more weight with my Fit bit tracker and the Sparkpeople app. I lost about 50 lbs in 2015, kept it off in 2016 and I'm ready to get the rest off. #1 above is a motivator lol!
4. I want to cultivate friendships. I want to meet new people and cherish the friendships that I currently have. I want to spend more time with my friends.
5. I want to pray more for people. Deep and meaningful prayer.
6. I would like to actually figure out how to have a great blog. Currently I ramble on about whatever. I would like to make it a meaningful thing, even if only to me lol.
See #6 above... I have no idea how to end this............
Friday, December 30, 2016
|The beginning of the collection and the crazy cat one for Brittany|
|Crazy sweater #1. It's definitely an 80's sweater including the shoulder pads.|
|Crazy sweater #2 It's a boiled wool vest. I got lots of compliments on it. I was trying to be funny...but people actually liked these sweaters hahaha.|
|Crazy sweater #3. No words. It was so awesome.|
|Crazy sweater #4. I found this to be super hideous...metallic...shoulder pads...super thick. I can't understand why people loved it. I just tried to own it lol.|
|Crazy sweater #5. I actually loved the sweater part because it had a great fit. It was the 3D Santa faces that made it so wonderfully hideous.|
|Crazy sweater #6. All the reindeer. Metallic thread running through the black. Also a vest.|
|Crazy sweater #7. I found this one last minute for 99cents. The plaid part is made of pearls, yes PEARLS. I had to do a little work on this one and tack down some of the glorious pearls. Worth it. The quality on this one was amazing. I know it's original price was on the expensive side. I think it's my favorite.|
|Crazy sweater #8. Sequins people...sequins. It was a little on the large side but awesome none the less!|
|Crazy sweater #9 This is actually a pretty sweater and yes, those are CATS! Glorious cats. I think I will wear this again in January because cats + snowflakes aren't just for Christmas.... just sayn'.|
|Crazy sweater #10. In the beginning this was my least favorite. It's like a "country" Christmas sweater but in the end I decided who cares.....it's crazy and Ima wear it LOL!|
Thursday, July 7, 2016
I live in the country now. Like.....really rural. In my particular situation I could walk outside with no pants on and NO ONE would ever know. I will not confirm or deny if that's actually happened 😉.
Because of my location I am very close to multiple farms with markets. It's pretty amazing to get fresh....very fresh produce at any time. I would grow my own but I kill vegetable plants. Seriously I do. My husband has also been known to knock on doors for produce. I haven't gone that far but he's daring like that haha.
I'm such a city girl but this country life is getting me to do weird things like make pickles. They weren't good but they sure were pretty! We have also become obsessed with grilled okra. At least that turned out delicious! Also have a look at that little piggy in the mud. Nearly lost my mind over its cuteness. I've got to go back ASAP and see it again.
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
|First ever taste of dippin dots|
|how you eat dippin dots|
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Where's my coffee?: The art of vulnerability: In the past year or so, God has been teaching me about the art of being vulnerable with people. He has been showing me how to open up m...